Family violence increased dramatically during the COVID-19 lockdowns. As vaccines start to roll out and we adjust to the new ‘COVID-normal’, what support is available for victim survivors and their families?
This webinar looks at why the lockdowns caused an increase in family violence, the impacts still being felt, and what needs to be done.
The panel considers how victim survivors and their families can be better supported, prevention strategies and the law reform needed.
- The Honourable William Alstergren, the Chief Justice of the Family Court of Australia and the Chief Judge of the Federal Circuit Court of Australia
- Sally Nicholes, Managing Partner of Nicholes Family Lawyers
- Julie Kun, CEO of Women’s Information and Referral Exchange (WIRE)
- Louise Simms, Executive Director of Policy, Communications and Engagement at Domestic Violence Resource Centre Victoria / Domestic Violence Victoria
- Adele Murdolo, Executive Director of Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health
- Helen Matthews, Acting Chief Executive Officer, Director of Legal & Policy Women’s Legal Service Victoria
- Vanessa Shambrook, President of Victorian Women Lawyers.
Presented by Nicholes Family Lawyers
Victorian Women Lawyers
Domestic Violence Resource Centre Victoria / Domestic Violence Victoria
Women’s Legal Service Victoria
Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health
Tuesday 18 May1:00pm – 2:00pm
This event is free
AccessibilityClosed captioning is available.
Missed this event? Watch the recording now.