There is growing concern that family violence is on the rise, due largely to the social isolation and increased financial pressures on families brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Sally Nicholes, Managing Partner of Nicholes Family Lawyers, facilitates an important discussion on domestic violence in the age of COVID-19. In this video, Sally speaks with:
- The Honourable Chief Justice William Alstergren of the Family Court of Australia and the Federal Circuit Court,
- Jessica Stott, acting CEO of the Women’s Information and Referral Exchange (WIRE),
- Vincent Papaleo, Director of Vincent Papaleo & Associates,
- Helen Matthews, Principal Lawyer at the Women’s Legal Service Victoria, and
- Alison MacDonald, acting CEO of Domestic Violence Victoria.
This webinar is also supported by Victorian Women’s Lawyers.
Presented by Nicholes Family Lawyers