With employers and employees struggling to understand their rights and responsibilities within the context of the COVID-19 crisis, the LIV is offering two Law Week events for the public:
- COVID-19 and What This Means for Employers; and
- COVID-19 and What This Means for Employees.
This session aims to explore some of the challenges and issues facing employers, including:
- Can employees be stood down?
- How does stand down differ to redundancy?
- How can paid/unpaid leave and/or other payments assist in the management of employees?
- What assistance can be utilised from the Fair Work Commission, if any?
- What other general matters should employers be aware of during this unique phase?
- What are the lessons from this pandemic and how can they be applied to any future crisis and organisations contingency plans?
Book your place now for what promises to be an interesting and informative event.
Presented by Law Institute of Victoria
Tuesday, 19 May 2020 — 5:00pm to 6:00pm