With employers and employees struggling to understand their rights and responsibilities within the context of the COVID-19 crisis, the LIV offered two Law Week events for the public:
- COVID-19 and What This Means for Employers; and
- COVID-19 and What This Means for Employees.
This session aims to explore some of the challenges and issues facing employers, including:
- Can employees be stood down?
- How does stand down differ to redundancy?
- How can paid/unpaid leave and/or other payments assist in the management of employees?
- What assistance can be utilised from the Fair Work Commission, if any?
- What other general matters should employers be aware of during this unique phase?
- What are the lessons from this pandemic and how can they be applied to any future crisis and organisations contingency plans?
Presented by Law Institute of Victoria
This is a recording of a live Law Week webinar that was held on 19 May 2020.