This Law Week we take you behind the scaffolding for a sneak peek on how Bendigo’s future court will put people and the community first.
Grab a snack, check out the designs and meet the teams working to:
- Provide programs for people with complex social and legal needs
- Create culturally safe spaces and establish a Koori Court
- Include technology for better and smoother processes, both on arrival and in courtrooms
- Adapt existing Bendigo courts and programs into the contemporary building
- Build calm, safe and comfortable public entry points and waiting spaces
- Create connection between the court and Bendigo’s unique history and culture
- Juries Victoria will also be on hand to answer any questions you’ve ever had about Victoria’s jury system and how it works, as well as busting any myths and misconceptions you might have about jury service.
There are four 30 minute tours available between 4 pm and 6pm – choose your preferred time when you register.
Monday 16 May4:00pm – 6:00pm
This event is free
There are four 30 minute sessions to choose from between 4 pm and 6 pm.
Law Week is finished for 2022. We look forward to seeing you next year.